PHILIP project aims at raising awareness about health as a fundamental human right which should be protected and improved from early childhood. The project addresses the issue of low health literacy among 11–15-year-old pupils and promotes the implementation of health education programmes in schools, to make adolescents more aware of health-related topics and to help them become independent citizens able to willingly make conscious choices about their health.
The project consortium consists of 6 partners from 6 different EU countries:
- Ústav pro zdravotní gramotnost, z.ú., Czech Republic
- MPIRMPAKOS D. & SIA O.E., Greece
- Inovaciju tinklas, Lithuania
- Academia Postal 3 Vigo S.L., Spain
- Tiber Umbria Comett Education Programme (TUCEP), Italy
- Caritas Diocesana de Coimbra, Portugal
Within PHILIP project, the partners will develop 3 Project Results:
- PR1: a Country Research describing the pupils’ (30 per country) health literacy levels
- PR2: a Teachers’ Book containing training material about health issues and health literacy for teachers and educators dealing with the pupils on a daily basis
- PR3: Educational Modules in the field of health literacy for pupils aged 11-15 and for schoolteachers, based on IO1 and IO2
The duration of the project is 24 months, starting with February 28st, 2022.